I can't even believe another Christmas is here already, where did the time go. It feels like it was just here. Time is going so fast for me. Every year I say I am going to get in gear and start early and get all my shopping done before December. Every year I get down to chrunch time and I get so overwelmed. So this year is like all the previous years.... I'M NOT READY FOR CHRISTMAS YET!!!!!. Of course time doesn't stop for me. I guess I have to suck it up and face the fact that it's December 20th and next week this time Christmas will be over!!. You would think I have had enough years in my lifetime to be better at this. Christmas is my second favorite holiday(Thanksgiving is my 1st). Again I put my leave in to late to get off, so I have to work the day after Christmas when most federal employees will be off. I am hoping the weather cooperates and we don't have any significant precipitation. I only enjoy the snow if I can sit at home and watch it.
I was tagged by Darcy and Michelle awhile back...here my list Random facts about me:
1. I love the internet, but it's my downfall. I spend way to much time and don't get in enough knitting time.
2. I am a snacker. I am statisfied with eating small portions, mostly nuts, cheese and CHIPS(can you tell I love chips).
3. I love cooking, but I don't get to do it as often as I like. I think when you don't cook as often, you get out of practice. I use to bake more. Now when I want to bake something I have to make it a couple of times before I feel it's ready to share with others.
4. I like cats, but from a distance. Our cat is so needy. So I know I don't give her as much attention as she wants. When I come in the house she doesn't run to meet me at the door like she does to my daughter, but every chance she gets she is trying to win me over.
5. I am trying to be a monogamous knitter, but it's isn't working out so good. I can start a new project at the drop of a hat. Just this a.m. I was suppose to be working on my Serapo hat and I forget and left it in the car, I found it as a perfectly good reason to cast on for Porom, by Brooklyn Tweed.
6. We would never had started this blog if it wouldn't have been for my sister Chelette. Thanks to her I have grown in ways I know I never would have before. I can think of a few folks that would be so good at blogging,
In other news. Chelette finished her Serapo Hat and Porom Hat(Ravelry links).I am still working on my Serapo. I just casted on for Porom. So good so far, I hope I can finish it for a Christmas gift, wish me luck. The pictures are on flickr here, here and here
I am hoping to put a new look to the blog here real soon, it's time for a change.