Sunday, August 2, 2009

So what have we been up to…....

Two of our knitting buddies (Cheryl and Arthella) decided they wanted to get together to learn toe up socks. So we have been meeting periodically and they have really come a long way. They are turning their heels on their toe up socks this weekend. Great job girls. This has sparked us to get back into working on socks too. I am working on Lacy Ribs Socks (2 @ a time) and Chelette is working on a pair of Monkeys. She finished her FLS and just need buttons. Well, we have a new addiction to Yarn. We have been ISO Wollmeise. It started around April when I decided to get some for Chelette’s birthday and then Chelette was able to get some for my birthday. Since then we have learned a lot about the Wollmeise via Ravelry. The yarn is simply beautiful.

We also have been able to get some limited edition Sundara. We love how the updates have changed and are going to be more frequent – I believe every Monday. We fell in love with this yarn via the Seasons sock club.

We will be missing Sock Summit this week. As much as we wanted to be there it just didn’t work out. We couldn’t get any classes – so we didn’t see the point, but plan to get to Seattle/Portland sometime in the near future for sure. Let’s look at it this way we are using Sock Summit money to buy the Sundara and Wollmeise.

One of the reasons I haven’t been posting as frequently is that I finally moved back closer to my job. I am about 10 minutes(if I go real slow) from work and I must say that I do not miss the commute. I have not gotten my internet connected yet so I am way behind on email and keeping up with my blogging friends. I am still going to try to make sit and knit on Wednesdays.

Another reason we haven’t been blogging is Chelette is still celebrating her birthday(hehe…April she has taken a trip every month). Last week she took a trip to Fort Lauderdale. She went with non knitting friends and didn’t get to visit any yarn shops.

Today has been a good day to take out our yarn and see what projects we can assign to yarn we already have. Looks like we have enough yarn to last both of our lifetimes and then some, but who cares. We love it. It is so good to have someone that shares your love for our craft.

I think that’s enough for now. I am sure you missed our Ten on Tuesday, so look for a new one soon.
Again, thank you everyone for your inquires about our absence, we have missed you too!!



17 comments:

Virtuous said...

AAh what a great way to re-kindle your sock mojo!! I hope the ladies really take to the toe-ups! ;o)

Happy Belated Chelette!! Hopw you had a wonderful time in the Fort ;o)

And absolutely great sock yarns.

WB to the blog Cici (you gave such a great update on you two) Haha!

cici said...

thanks.. looks like we're not the only ones loving socks lately♥

Barbara deG said...

Cici - great news that you are now closer to your job - but that must mean you are further from your friends - boo hoo.
Chelette - I have to post a picture of my Monkey socks cuz they are a disaster! Even though I went down a needle size, they are huge. Maybe it's the yarn....

Beverly said...

You are some lucky ladies!! How did you score the Wollemeise? I love the Sundara.

Lechelle said...

I'm glad you are back. Yes, you were missed. Can't wait until Ten on Tuesday posting.

I started reading your blog when I took a knitting class. Guess what I haven't knitted since. I need to finish my scarf before winter. Share some of your work. I need encouraging. :o)

Stephanie said...

I always enjoy readiong your posts.
I wish I lived close to you ladies, I am having trouble with the heel on my first pair of socks and could use your help.

Lola and Ava said...

Sundara and Wollemeise! Lucky you! Teaching others how to knit socks is such a blast . . . but wine always helps.

Daisymum said...

How awesome to not a have a commute. Sorry I haven't visited your blog in a while. You look like you are having fun. I am comming to D.C. Labor day weekend, can you tell me a must go to yarn shop in the area, and any other cool things to check?

Ria said...

Gorgeous yarn pics!

Way to spread the sock addiction!

Susie said...

Loving the sock yarns!

Susie said...

Loving the sock yarns!

Sandra Singh said...

I love to hear that you're teaching people how to knit socks! Great news.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

So much going on. But hey- it is great to be off internet for a few days too. Great you`re close to work. I hade commute- I bike 7 min:-)
And so much fun bringing out all yarn for browsing patterns.... I bet you had a great moment.

Loren said...

Wish I could have been there to learn toe-up socks. I took a class a few years back, but never pursued it. Was suppose to take the same class again and had somthing else going on the same day. I need to learn how to knit toe up socks soon. I have loads of sock yarn that I could use. Looks like you had lots of fun!

Evelyn said...

I've not been doing much sock knitting this summer. Looks like y'all had a great time.

Thanks so much for your kind words about my dad. His sudden passing makes me hold those I love that much closer.

eb

Bev Love said...

I finished 2 pairs of socks in July. I want to cast on my Zauerballs, but I am trying to finish my Glenesk sweater before the Sept. KALs. What the heck I think I'll cast on my socks right now. I need to see how these sock needles from work. Cheers
Bev
aka paletpc

Unknown said...

I haven't posted anything since May! Did you and Chelette make it to Seattle and Portland?