Friday, May 7, 2010

Great Weekend Getaway at MDSW

We knew it was going to be a great weekend becuause it started with the arrival of our new toy.
This was our third year attending the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival and this time we decided to make a weekend event and stay at the Hilton as we were celebrating our birthdays. True we only live an hour away, but my sister always loves the opportunity to spend a night away from home.

We arrived at the fairgrounds around 10 am. The weather was the biggest damper --can you say HOT. The high humidity and temperatures were pretty unbearable at 9am in the morning. I am sure this helped us save some money. The traffic this year seemed to be really bad too, by noon our good friend Cheryl sat in traffic for over an hour and decided to turn around because it was not moving.

The one thing that seemed to be missing was a Ravelry meetup -- not to mention I completely forgot about the Podcast meet up which I was really looking forward to. Of course there were plenty of us Raveler's there and I had my camera in tow and was prepared to get some great Kodak moments. More photos came be seen here.



here is StevenA modeling his knitted shorts

Ran into Jennifer and Kim in the main building
Lots of beautiful 4 legged friends




The Ribbon chips are a must


I always look forward to Diane from Creatively Dyed


Thella and Tilli Tomas posing for me



Global Warmer /Sandra was happy to smile for us


Evelyn and Loren all smiles♥




We ran into Christie/Turtlegirl76 early, but with all the crowds, we never saw her again

All and all it was a great weekend getaway, what more can you ask for .. We finished off the weekend with dinner on Sunday at the Iron Bridge Wine Co. Resturant





Don't forget that this Saturday is the " Stamp out Hunger Food Drive". Postal customers wishing to donate food should put canned, packaged and non-perishable food items in a plastic bag, and leave it by your mailbox on Sat., May 8th, before mail delivery.

10 comments:

Libby said...

Oh I'm glad that you got to attend this festival, even if the weather wasn't so agreeable. One day I'd like to find someplace to go like this that's closer to me.

Love the first pic of your "four legged friend" in particular!

Have a great weekend and Happy (early) Mother's Day!

Beverly said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I would love to come to MSWF but over an hour wait in traffic to get there! I just can't hang.

Sheila said...

Looks like fun was had by all and enjoyed the pictures... the Ribbon chips look scrumptious.

msloloknits said...

It was great seeing everyone again this year!!! Maybe I can make it a whole weekend next year.

Don said...

Enjoyed the post and pictures. Smiles galore.

I don't know what I like most - the new toy or those peppers sitting on the side of that delicious looking tray.


Okay, okay....the Apple product!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I always love your photos of this event. Every year I say "I'm going this year for real this time!". Well... perhaps next year.

Nik said...

I'm jealous that you got to see in person many of the people I've only talked to via their blogs.

Liz said...

Yes, it was very hot for the S&WF. I went on Sunday afternoon after my riding lesson (my insturction lives in Mt. Airy), and fortunately, not as big a crowd as Saturday. I didn't buy a lot of yarn (even though I bought some to make a nice pullover for winter- winter? in this heat?), but I did get some really cool buttons for a finished sweater and buttons that I liked, but have no idea what to do with them. Wait, it will come to me soon enough.

Beatriz said...

You sisters are all so photogenic. Looks like you had a great time! Happy belated birthday.

Bev Love said...

I love your new blog design. I am toying with the idea of changing mine.