Saturday, March 1, 2008

2008 Blanket Project



Here is my other project... 2008 Blanket... I am enjoying doing this pattern and its so easy.. Thanks Marie from Stitch D.C., who is giving a free class for this Blanket. I am probably not going to make the squares 12 inches, but instead use it as a sample blanket...

I have become obsessed with finding the right yarn for this project... I have swatched a ton of different yarns... to see which I like best.. So far I think its the Rowan Super Bulky... So again I am buying more yarn... The rowan seems to show off the stitch pattern the best.. I like the feel of the Jamison Shetland Heather Wool.. but it didnt seem to show the pattern very good.. I also tried the Ella Rae Classic.. and it wasn't bad.. just not that great... funny how a stitch pattern looks different in differnt yarns. I am enjoying seeing everyones project on ravelry.

3 comments:

Chelette said...

Sister this is a beautiful color and I love the stitch detail. I have to get some pics of mine. I have yet to tackle the March square -- maybe this weekend, oh I think I frogged February and need to do that one too. oh well guess I am a little bit behind.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Very pretty yarn, beautiful color. I've been contemplating a project with one of the Rowan Bulky's also.

Kyra said...

Cici - Thanks for visiting the Black Threads blog! I can't knit worth a stitch! Tried when I was a kid and kept dropping stitches. This blue blanket does look enticing to start!

Best, Kyra