Saturday, March 1, 2008

Noro Socks



Well finally one of us has done some knitting.. Thanks sis...

I think there beautiful...... What do I want to say about Noro.. while caj has almost completed these socks.. I am still getting ready to finish the heel on my first sock..Seems we both like toe up... This yarn is gorgeous,,,,,,, but I am not sure I would buy more... although I have three skeins... It has had so many breaks in the yarn and where they connected it,,, it didnt match!.You have to loose a lot to match it up and in order to get all the colors you have to make the socks longer. But caj... you did a great job of matching... now me.....( I done think I care if they don't match exactly. I like being a bit off. lol.).. I feel like we are the only ones complaining about this yarn... Don't get me wrong,,, the finished outcome looks great.. but as for the breaking and not matching the colors and the thinnest of this yarn... I would have to say.. it was quite a pain in the butt.
Here is as far as I have gotten on my socks...

5 comments:

Chelette said...

Great picture of my socks, Sis. It was fun knitting them, but I did have to unwind to make them match up and I too had some breaks so I was not happy about that. I was excited about the Noro Sock yarn, but now I am over it!

Chelette

Virtuous said...

The socks are looking good!

I finally got my ball of NORO too and only got it b/c....hey it is NORO but was never initially excited about NORO as a sock yarn...I just kept thinking scratchy wool on my feet!

So you are not the only ones complaining about it. It is just NORO and looks so dang good!!

When I finally get around to those socks I won't be trying to match them up either!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great but they could use great foot model. LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my latest baby sweater! Hey, love the socks. I've never used Noro....

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Hi girls.
I am on my first noro socks.. and you are not the only ones complaining..
I am not trying to match up, and so far no breaks.But I usually have alot when knitting Noro Keyron!!!! But it is very thin to knit with-- as sockyarn I mean.I am not sure about buying any more eather.
Had to switch from bamboo needles to steel to get it going... and now the danb needles slipps out of the work..
I am not to pleased with the colour change on my socks eater. Yours look good on the colours.